Manitoba Francophone Immigration Network
The steering committee is composed of seven members of RIF MB, representing at least one member of each sectoral group
Role and responsibility of Steering Commitee:
1. Ensure the implementation of the strategy plan of RIF aking into account its vision, mission and value
2. Ensure the steering and validation of the action plans of the sectoral working groups;
3. To review resolutions from the sectoral groups on issues of particular interest on the RIF and make decisions about it;
4. Evaluate and approve annual objectives and action plans;
5. Act as an ambassador/champion of the RIF.
Sector groups are working tables that address priority issues identified in the strategic planning of the MB RIF.
In fact, RIF MB supports sectoral groups, the following:
Welcome, Establishment, Integration (GSWEI)
The SGWEI brings together RIF MB members interested in the following activities:
• Identify and propose courses of action to create optimal conditions for the settlement and integration of newcomers;
• Strengthen the capacity of rural communities to host and settle.
Employability & Entrepreneurial (SGEE)
The SGEE brings together RIF MB members interested in the following activities:
• Facilitate and ensure access to the labour market for newcomers to ensure their economic integration;
• Identify collaborative strategies to foster entrepreneurship among newcomers.
Education, Formation, Literacy
The SGEFL brings together RIF MB members interested in ensuring a lifelong learning continuum (literacy, education, formation) that supports their settlement in Canada.
Health & Social Services (SGHSS)
The SGHSS brings together RIF MB members interested in the following activities:
• Improve and promote the physical and mental health of newcomers;
• To strengthen the accessibility and availability of health and social services in French while facilitating navigation and knowledge of the health and social services system in Manitoba.
The Community Advisory Board (CAB)
The CAB is a core group of individuals and organizations involved in the implementation of Welcoming francophone commununity (WFC), and goal is:
• Provide an advisory function in the implementation phase.
• Share information through their own mechanisms to further promote the initiative.